Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Proud of My Kids

This evening I had a chat with my daughter after dinner. She was telling me about her sociology class in high school. Today they had to describe the personalities of her family members. She has lots of good things to say about both of her parents and her sister. She got to the core of the things that she liked about each of us and pointed out the things that she sees as part of her personality.

While listening to her I realized that I like the people that my daughters have become. They are thoughtful, interested, and interesting. I look forward to what comes next in their lives. I'm sure they'll do things that I don't agree with or approve of but I think that they have good heads on their shoulders and they should be free to make their own mistakes. I've liked the things that they've done and plan to do. I think that I'm living a bit vicariously through them. They went to better camps than I did (sorry Kindervelt), did and plan to do the gap year in Israel, and are going and hope to go to the kind of college that I wanted to go to.

In other news it rained all day today. If this were snow we'd be home for the next few days. The weather portion of the newspaper keeps track of the rainfall over the last 30 and 365 days. Over the last year we are 13 inches above normal. This hasn't caused us any significant problems in our end of New Jersey but I can't believe it won't if it keeps up like this. Global warming?

No comments: