Monday, March 3, 2008

Dreaming of Travelling

The past weekend was very pleasant in our little corner of the world. I spent Saturday visiting my mother in Brooklyn and I had the very pleasurable company of my older daughter who is home from college on a week long break. Visiting my Mom these days has been a lot less stressful now that she seems to have competent people working with her. We don't have to worry about feeding or the other too many details that she won't or can't take care of by herself. I leave there with a much lighter heart.

On Sunday we went to The New York Times Travel Show at the Javits Center. We were given free passes at work and we had a marvelous time looking at all of the many travel options that the various exhibitors were pushing. The most enticing thing for us was a bunch of booths dedicated to vacation apartment rentals in major cities all over the world. For a family like us with major food issues this is a very attractive and comfortable way to travel. The show also featured magicians, dancers, singers, and lectures. We sampled Italian chocolate, baklava, and we picked up lots of brochures and souvenirs. The most unusual booth at the show was dedicated to a Rock and Roll Fantasy Camp. Rock with the stars. Not for me but I can see the appeal.

No comments: