Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Governors

There must be something about being a governor that makes you do stupid things. In recent memory we've had a governor that came out of the closet while in office, one that almost got himself killed speeding on the Atlantic City Expressway and now the governor of New York gets taped making an appointment with a prostitute. Don't these guys know that they aren't anonymous anymore?

Maybe I'm lucky or maybe I'm smart but I've always lived the boring life. These kind of escapades never seemed worth the risk. I'm not saying I haven't fantasized but things can go so badly if you get found out and it's inevitable that you'd be found out. I've mused that it's a good thing that I'm not good looking since I'd likely get into trouble if I was. I don't really think that's true. I just avoid compromising situations like I avoid dealing with lawyers and annoying people.

We just finished watching the movie Martian Child pretty unremarkable other than John and Joan Cusack playing brother and sister. Now how original is that?

No comments: