Monday, March 17, 2008

Productive Days

I wasn't looking forward to work today. It has been quite frustrating lately with competing projects and constantly shifting priorities. Today, however, was unexpectedly productive, here's why. Both my boss and one of the people who directly reports to me were out today. It was an unexpected day of quiet and freedom from stress.

I'll have half a day of this tomorrow since my boss will be out again.

The weekend also ended on a pleasant note. I got to take a bike ride yesterday (in the rain) through Cranford. It was a short ride on account of the bad weather but it always makes me feel good to start off the day that way. I did house chores and read the newspaper. We scavenged some fallen branches from the recent rainstorm and cut it up for firewood. Someday I hope to be less boring. For now I'll take having the time to get sufficiently rested at the start of the week.

No comments: