Monday, February 18, 2008

President's Day

It's been a busy weekend. Events in my life aren't earth shaking but some are of interest and I hope worth sharing.

This weekend we've been watching Trudy, a golden retriever that's being raised by our neighbors for The Seeing Eye. She's a very friendly dog and missing a lot of the nasty habits that the Geman Shepherd that we raised had. She doesn't chew eveything in sight and she's not particularly aggressive. I don't want you to think that we didn't enjoy raising Paris the Wonder Pup. She was just a lot of work. Trudy on the other hand is obedient and loves to take walks. The weather has mostly cooperated and we'ver taken her out at every chance we get. I don't think that she is used to this and settles down to contented sleep when we let her. Everyone needs a nickname and her's is "The Trudester". Her people will come for her sometime this evening.

On Saturday evening was another of our Coffee with Conscience concert series. This time the headliners were a band called Red Molly. They really should have been good. It's 3 women with good stage presence and lovely voices. The material they played had no spark, though. There was a good turnout so I'm guessing it was just a bad night.

Yesterday I made a trip alone out to viist my Mom. She was not in particularly good spirits to start but she improved as the day progressed. I know that she is feeling out of control of things and that is frustrating to her. I have few words of comofrt but I try to listen. She enjoys looking though old photographs and discussing things that she sees on TV.

Today, President's Day, was mostly spend hanging around the house. I've enjoyed the extra sleep that I'm getting. We did take The Trudester for a long walk this morning and I got in a bike ride this afternoon. It's back to work for me but not back to school for my daughter. She's got another day.

No comments: