Monday, February 25, 2008

A Day of Travelling

Yesterday we hit the road. We travelled from Westfield, New Jersey to Trumbull, Connecticut. From Trumbull Connecticut to Brooklyn, New York. From Brooklyn, New York to Westfield, New Jersey.

We paid a condolence call, visited my mother, and then had dinner back at home. By 9 PM I was fit for nothing better than falling asleep with the Sunday newspaper on the couch.

The weekend was filled with other pleasures. Saturday was sleeping in and walking to the library. In the evening I went into the darkroom for the first time in months. I made some contact sheets and printed some stuff from last summer; the girls at Niagara Falls, a neighbor at the pool, and my sister and brother-in-law in the hammock at Lake Huntington. It's nice revisiting those times on a chilly February night. I don't think that this is my greatest work but it's nice to feel creative every once in a while.

Today was a typical work day. I have no excitement for any of the projects I'm engaged in. We did receive our 2007 bonuses today which were pretty good considering that the company must be worried about the impending recession.

No comments: