Sunday, February 10, 2008

It's Gonna Get Cold Tonight

The forecast is for temperatures in the low teens tonight. The wind is banging things around outside and I'm glad that I'm indoors with no need to go out.

We spent the afternoon at my Mom's. We've been giving her a little less time lately since the aides have been working out pretty well. One of my Mom's neighbors asked me for some computer help so I spent a little time there and we did a little shopping for my Mom. She didn't want to go out because of the wind. She seems to like the idea of us coming out now and doesn't seem to mind if we drift off for a while.

This evening is quiet. I cleared some clogged drains and am in the middle of making bread. At my daughter's request I'm making something called war bread. It's got oats, corn meal, molasses, whole wheat and white flour. I'm not sure why it's called war bread. The only thing unusual about it is that it uses about half the yeast that a regular bread uses and you put the yeast directly in the batter rather than letting it proof. It comes out just as big as other breads.

I'll close out the evening getting through the Sunday paper. Since election night I've havnt't been feeling 100%. Today is the first day I've had a chance to sleep in and catch up a bit. I'm feeling much better this evening and am grateful for that.

No comments: