Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Post President's Day

It's hard returning to work after a 3 day weekend. I had no motivation before the weekend and I had even less when I came back. Usually, the break will energize me but today when I got in there were already people making demands on my time. It all seemed so pointless. I made it through the day without quitting or pissing anyone off so I'd have to call it, in the end, a successful one.

The house is quiet now that the Trudester is gone (see yesterday's entry if you don't know what I am talking about). Having a dog again has demonstrated to me why we shouldn't get another one. Neurotic people shouldn't have pets and no one here really is eager for the responsibility. We also learned yesterday that there is a contagious disease at the Seeing Eye kennel and that all of the dogs are in quarantine. Our Paris is now in her 8th month at the kennel probably undoing all of the good that we did raising her.

The house is also quiet because the rest of the family is taking advantage of the day off and paying a visit to Muhlenberg College. My older daughter needed some subjects for her photography class and needed some models. I'll wait until they come home to eat dinner.

No comments: