Thursday, February 21, 2008

Eclipsed

Last night there was a total lunar eclipse. When I first came home it appeared that it would be too cloudy to see but as the evening advanced the sky cleared and we could see it all. It is so simple yet so remarkable to stand outside at night watching the moon silently slide into shadow. The eerie site of the moon bathed in red was one, I understand, that we might not see for another 15 years in this part of the world.

The end of the week at work is always filled with meetings and frustration. Tomorrow will be worse. I'm booked for 3 hours of meetings on Friday afternoons for the next six months in just the time slot that I'd like to be winding down in.

I wish I could figure out another way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We all watched the eclipse here in MD (got a great view of the moon from our bedroom window so we could stay warm while we watched). It was amazing how the weather cleared so perfectly to allow us to do so! It was fantastic (including the views of Saturn and Regulus on either side of the moon).