Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Let It Snow!

There's finally a layer of snow outside. I was beginning to think that we wouldn't see any this winter. It's not certain if it will still be here in the morning since the prediction is for rain after midnight but the forecasts have been so far off this winter that this could be the big one.

Of course, tomorrow would be a day that I have to be in work early. The Times is sponsoring a meeting of a user group for a piece of software that we use pretty extensively. The meeting starts at 8:30 AM but I probably should be on the bus by 6:15 to be sure I get in on time. This evening I left at 6:05 and didn't walk in the door until 8 PM.

Today was another primary day and Obama and McCain won big. Although there are still lots of primaries ahead Obama seems to have momentum on his side. I can't say that I'm comfortable with him as a candidate. I find his message of "change" vacuous. We are, of course, going to get a change in November. Neither George Bush nor anyone from his team is running. I for one still don't know who Barack Obama is or who he will bring to Washington with him. I think that's what other voters are going to feel come November. Perhaps I am wrong and he is the new John Kennedy. I will vote for him if nominated. I think that Americans, though, will vote for the candidate that seems to be the most centrist. Unless he makes a dreadful mistake, John McCain will be the next president.

No comments: