Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Mid-Winter Blues

I've been having a very difficult time lately with keeping a positive disposition. I don't think that there is any particular event that triggered it but I am impatient with most of the things in my life and I don't see them getting any better.

Here's the thing; does it really matter? You as the reader don't care if I am happy or sad. I should be happy you think. I have a decent job, I have a wonderful family, we are all healthy. Much more from life one cannot ask.

I do know what the missing ingredient is

A shiny new Mercedes Benz with leather seats and a sun roof.

No, of course not. I don't drive and I make myself happier by talking myself out of purchases than actually making them. The thing that is missing for me is a shared sense of purpose that being part of community brings. I certainly have no community in Westfield and where I used to have some camaraderie at work the group that I am currently in seems to make a sport of how little time they can spend in the office. Sometimes during the summer Lake Huntington feels like an extended family. That disappears when we go to our respective homes in the Fall.

Tomorrow is another day and perhaps something will happen that will change the outlook. The only way to move on is to believe in change. Isn't that what all the Democratic candidates are saying?

No comments: