Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Dreams

Last night I had a dream that I used to have a lot more frequently. In this dream I realize that I have to take a test. The problem is that I'm not sure exactly when or where the test is, I'm not sure what subject it's in and, I haven't been to the class for weeks. I've basically dropped out of something and I feel an obligation to go back and take the test despite the fact that I'm in no way prepared for it.

I realize that this dream is a way of expressing some deep feelings of anxiety. This dream ended up a little differently.

Either right before I woke or as I woke up I remember thinking, "I don't care. I've already got my degree so what does this matter?" When I woke up I was in a surprisingly good mood considering I had gone to bed in a lousy one.

Does this mean that I'm on the road to contentment?

No comments: