Thursday, December 13, 2007

Elections

I have to admit that I haven't been paying very much attention to the 2008 presidential election. It's hard to avoid hearing about, though, and in about 3 weeks time the voters of Iowa and New Hampshire who probably represent about 2% of the country's population are going to knock several people out of the race. It's hard to believe that we call ourselves democratic.

I'm going to make a prediction now. John McCain will be the next president of the United States. Here's how I come to this conclusion. Americans like conservative presidents. Anyone the democrats put up will automatically earn the liberal label and thus be disqualified. It really doesn't matter what any of them stand for or say.

The sad thing is that there could be issues in this election. The wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, the Balkans, and everywhere else will be discussed but will ultimately not be a factor. Health care, immigration, the economy should be discussed but won't.

For the record, if I had to vote today I would probably vote for Hillary Clinton. I'm probably doing this for the wrong reasons but I would like to see a woman as president.

I look forward to next November when all the shouting stops.

No comments: