Sunday, December 2, 2007

Back From Brooklyn

We woke up today with snow on the ground. It was wet but pretty. It wasn't biking or running weather but I've been so lazy lately it was pretty easy to talk myself out of doing anything strenuous. I also realized that Lenore would probably not be accompanying me for my Brooklyn visit due to her lingering cold and not liking to drive on potentially icy roads.

I caught the bus at 11:50 and was out to my Mom's house by 2 PM. She was in surprisingly good spirits today given that she has been cooped up at home for the past 2 days. She'd made some phone calls and had a healthy appetite. She even consented to play Scrabble and her game was not bad at all. I beat her by only 3 points and I wasn't really going easy on her. We went over her bills, had dinner and then sat down to a movie. We watched East of Eden on DVD which I'd never seen before and she claimed she hadn't seen either. We both got pretty engrossed in it but I had to leave before the end. I was worried that I wouldn't be home until 11 PM if I didn't duck out then. James Dean was fantastic but Julie Harris wasn't bad either. I promised her that I wouldn't return the movie until we had a chance to see the ending.

I'll say one thing, James Dean had sullen and troubled down.





No comments: