Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Writing

Last night and tonight I sat down to write. I've had a short story rattling around my head for a while that I've wanted to get down. It's been fun. It's a story that is loosely based on a guy that I know at work and his journey from totally secular to totally orthodox. I've done 6 pages in the past 2 days and I expect another 3 before it's done.

I've gotten a new laptop computer and, for now, it's a pleasure to use. It's free of all of the quirks that the other one had. I know as a computer professional that all that's necessary is wiping out the operating system and installing the programs for a machine to be as good as new. Windows in particular gets clogged up with junk and starting from scratch is really the only way to clean it up. Getting a new machine is a faster way to accomplish this.

Writing like this has made the evenings pass quickly. I originally thought that I'd dedicate each evening to a different activity but I think that I'd like to get this story finished before moving on to something else. Next week I'd like to get involved in the darkroom again. Stuff needs to be sorted out and I need to decide what negatives I'd like to work on. It feels good to be creative in the evenings when the days are so taken up by unproductive meetings.

No comments: