Monday, April 14, 2008

Old Friends

Tonight I'm going to see a performance downtown where a friend of mine from my Camp Kindervelt days will be performing. I recently made contact with her because of a list server that a former very gung-ho camper set up to share photos and reminisces. She had posted a picture of me, how weird is that? We've written a few times and exchanged more recent photographs and met for lunch too. To some extent it was just like picking up where we left off. We stopped being friendly back in 1970 for no particular reason other than she lived in The Bronx and I in Brooklyn. When you are 15 there doesn't need to be more of a reason than that.

There are some people that when you see each other again you just sort of pick up where you left off. I can think of others from that time period that I wouldn't want to see again. I don't really care what happened to them. There are others that I would love to or hear from . I suppose a lot depends on how you felt about them the last time you saw them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello darling! How was the performance?