Monday, April 7, 2008

Another Week Begins

I'm trying something a little different this week. I'm attempting to set myself a goal or two each day at work and at home. I'm hoping that this will alleviate some of the frustration that I've been feeling. At work I decided to get all of the administrative chores done today and then spent the rest of the day setting up my new laptop computer.

At home I tackled filing my Mom's stuff, paying any outstanding bills, and putting together a new spreadsheet of her assets. She's going through her money at an alarming rate. I've been procrastinating about getting her on Medicaid but the time has probably arrived.

The last few days have been relatively uneventful. Nothing in the news has excited me but I realize that I should be. The election, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan should be motivating me but they aren't. I feel powerless to effect any change. Even the continuing saga in Israel gets my attention but not my action. There was an aliyah fair in NYC over the weekend but I didn't even think of going. For now I'm in a holding pattern and I guess I should just accept it.

No comments: