Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Early Departures

I seem to have discovered this week that I can leave work at a decent time. For 2 days running I've managed to leave work before 5:30 which gets me home at a decent time. A decent time for me is anything before 7 PM. The reason for today's early departure is the spillover from yesterday's productivity. There were plenty of meetings today but I didn't need to get much real work done due to being ahead.

My thoughts are continuing to turn to this fiasco of an election process that we are in. It seems like these candidates have been running for better than two years now but we probably know less about them than we ever did.

The really sad part is that whoever loses will probably never run again. The process is so grueling and so empty of substance that its got to drain whatever souls they have. I'm all for a single national primary with a runoff of the top two votegetters if no one gets more than 50% of the vote. Who's with me on this? It seems like all we are waiting for now is the scandal (real or perceived) that will finally relegate one of the democrats to loserhood. Is this anyway to choose the leader of the United States?

No comments: