Monday, November 12, 2007

Monday November 12, 2007 - Beginnings

For about 15 years I have wanted to write. First it was a novel and then I wanted to write in newspapers or magazines. The novel was started but has not been finished. It seems to take more concentration than I am willing to give it. I won't say that it is abandoned but it is not active either.

I've published a few articles in small newspapers. Two about little know New York City parks and one about upstate New York pancake breakfasts. Seeing these in print has brought me incredible satisifaction. Much more than what I get from my day job.

Don't get me wrong, my day job is fine. I work for a great company helping to put out a product I respect and enjoy. I just seem to get more pleasure from putting words on paper (or screen). I am dipping my toe in the blog world to see if I can better hone my writiing skill until an opportunity to write and get paid for it comes along. Perhaps I am a bit too conservative but I can't quit the day job until something else is secure.

No comments: