Thursday, November 29, 2007

Audits

My work life has been consumed by an impending audit. This isn't a surprise to us but it's taken until 2 weeks before the event for the big boys to figure out what they wanted to do and let us little guys get to work on it. I was getting one of the pieces in place today when I noticed the file date when I first prepared it; July 27.

Of course, there are huge penalties if this doesn't go well. I am actually pretty confident that my part of it can be finished in time. I probably shouldn't tempt the gods but if I can stay healthy and no more "number 1 priorities" sneak in I've got a pretty good chance.

This evening we went to a financial aid talk at Westfield high school. The truth is we didn't actually stay very long. We've heard these talks before and I'm convinced that we won't be seeing very much financial assistance. The brochures are colorful and we've now got plenty of new web sites to look at.

No comments: