Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Early Dismissal

The day before Thanksgiving Day now seems to be a semi-official holiday.

On Monday afternoon an e-mail went out at work informing us that we could leave at 3 PM today. The office seemed just about empty by 2:30 except for my boss and his boss (who was working from home today). We began a meeting at 2:45 and continued for about 45 minutes. He then asked that I finish a report before I left. He subsequently called me twice after that and I didn't leave the office until almost 7 PM. I love my job.

We are now involved in a set of projects that must be done by December 4th. If I had to explain what the big rush was I couldn't. There will be lots of late nights and anxiety about finishing on time. All I can say is that it's a lot safer, cleaner, and pays better than working in a coal mine. I've got a better view too.

No comments: