Friday, November 16, 2007

Almost Shabbat

It's 4;50 PM and I think that I can leave work with a free concience. It's not often that I feel this way but today I think that I'm leaving everything in a better state than it was when the week started.

My definition of a good day (or good week) is one where you solve more problems than you create.

There was a department wide meeting this morning where the big announcement was that we were implementing a system to track employees skill sets and track where people were spending their time. This is such a laughable attempt to figure out who can be let go that it doesn't even warrant expanding on. Each employee will be responsbile for their own recording so this should prove pretty amusing when the results are in.

This promises to be a very busy weekend. Tomorrow we will be traveling up to Lake Huntington to meet with the contractor who will be re-roofing our house. We need to make sure he works on the right one. Tomorrow night we are volunteering at a "coffeehouse" where Catie Curtis will be performing.

Sunday it's off to Mom's for another thrill packed episode!

No comments: