Friday, May 30, 2008

ReReading

This morning I started a new book by Alice Hoffman called Blue Diary. I keep a log of everything that I've read since around 1986 but I didn't check that I had read this before since it was on my list of things to read (as you can tell I'm a manic list keeper). The book seemed naggingly familiar so I did check my books read list and I had indeed read it 5 years ago.

Back then I only gave it a rating of 6. It must have been pretty bad because I really have no recollection of the story other than I don't like her extreme descriptions of things. Here's an example:
On this glorious day the brilliant sky is filled with banks of motionless white clouds fleecy as sheep but so obedient and lazy they haven't any need for a shepherd or fence.

See what I mean? This was clever the first time but not so much on a second reading. It's back to the library tomorrow for some fresh reading material.

No comments: