Thursday, August 14, 2008

On Vacation

I've been off work since Monday and I am finally beginning to get that feeling of really being away from work. It's been a bit hectic. We came up to our summer home last Friday evening but left again on Monday morning to attend my mother's 90th birthday party. Tuesday we took a day trip to Grounds for Sculpture in Hamilton, NJ and then Wednesday morning it was back here.

Today was a true vacation day. I went with my friend and neighbor Bill Gottlieb on a short canoe trip on the Delaware River. We put in at Narrowsburg, New York and went to Ten Mile River a distance of about 6 miles. It's a lovely quiet stretch of the river but we got caught in a wild thunderstorm. We paddled towards a bridge to take shelter but it was a railroad bridge and it seemed as wet underneath as out in the open. An adventure and a stretch of the river that I'd like to try in my kayak.

The tween sensations The Jonas Brothers were playing at Bethel Woods Performing Arts Center. Raisa and I biked over there late this afternoon to see what the scene would be like. I've probably never seen so many 12 and 13 year old girls in one place. Each was carrying a handmade sign or a homemade t-shirt. There were a few boys but they looked like they were there under duress.

I'm deliciously tired now.

No comments: